Backup NFS Server

Overwan

Jan 12, 2017
Hi to all,

I'm a newbie in Promox. I'm testing some features before apply this kind of OS in clients.

In my lab I have two Proxmox Servers as nodes. On Server1 I got all my VM's and I will use Server2 as Backup Server.

On Server2 I already configure as NFS Server (https://www.linode.com/docs/networking/basic-nfs-configuration-on-debian-7)

So when I configure backup it appears the shared folder and I configure to backup shared folder. But when I run the backup it appears

Jan 12 13:15:01 server1 CRON[2822]: (root) CMD (vzdump 107 --mode snapshot --compress gzip --storage server2-backups --quiet 1 --mailnotification always)
Jan 12 13:15:02 server1 CRON[2821]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root

I have checked the shared folder and it appears as Active=NO.

Can help me?

What say's
Code:
cat /etc/exports
On the backupserver? Have you add your NFSshare as storage correctly? Did you have writeaccess on CMD on your PVEhost with the VM's?

On Exports I got that info

/var/nfsroot server2ipaddress/32(rw,root_squash,subtree_check)

What do mean with "Did you have writeaccess on CMD on your PVEhost with the VM's?"

Many thinks

Set it to:
(async,acl,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,rw)

With writeaccess i mean: Log in with SSH on your PVE host that this NFSshare has mounted. Create one file at the mountpoint to see that you have writeaccess.

I have accessed to shared folder on Server1 and create a folder and It appears. But when I access to NFS Server the folder doesnt appears.

I have checked that info on shared folder "Permission denied at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm line 842. (500)"

Finally I got some message on server1.

"mount error: mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting server2ipaddress:/var/nfsroot"

Basically it could be a question of permissions. How can I give full permission Server1 to access shared folder?

Many thinks

Last edited:
On Exports I got that info

/var/nfsroot server2ipaddress/32(rw,root_squash,subtree_check)

Here you allow only server2 to access nfs share. You have to include server1 too. And as mentoined no_root_squash is also needed.

What distro is your NFS server on? I had a problem on CentOS where SElinux was blocking, I had to restore the SElinux context to be able to share the directory

It works ! Great !

Basically on the exports file is necessary to add all allowed hosts. My NFS Server is Proxmox.

Many thinks to all.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!