Another ZFS over iSCSI question

timota

Renowned Member
Oct 14, 2011
Hi guys,
sorry for another stupid question, but im wonder how can i pass additional/based options to iscsi target via ZFS over iSCSI plugin. Let me explain.
Im trying to use openmediavault 3 with iscsi plugin and proxmox 4.3 with ZFS over iSCSI plugin.
But when im creating zfs volume via normal dialog in proxmox it creates for me LUN but without additional/based options like:

Code:
HeaderDigest None
DataDigest None
MaxConnections 1
MaxSessions 0
InitialR2T Yes
ImmediateData No
MaxRecvDataSegmentLength 8192
MaxXmitDataSegmentLength 8192
MaxBurstLength 262144
FirstBurstLength 65536
MaxOutstandingR2T 1
DataPDUInOrder Yes
DataSequenceInOrder Yes
ErrorRecoveryLevel 0
NOPInterval 0
NOPTimeout 0
Wthreads 8
QueuedCommands 32

instead it only did:

Code:
Target iqn.2016-10.local.omv3:tank1
        Lun 0 Path=/dev/tank/vm-101-disk-1,Type=blockio

so im wonder how i can pass those options? Do i need to add them manually after LUN created by proxmox? or i can do some initial configuration for all types of targets?

Also, when you creating Targets/Luns vis Proxmox plugin - they are not appear under OVM WEBUI (as OVM, i guess reads configuration not from ietd.conf but from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml) Is any way to fix this ?

Sorry and Thank you.

so im wonder how i can pass those options? Do i need to add them manually after LUN created by proxmox? or i can do some initial configuration for all types of targets?
ietd.conf contains a global section where you could add these options. Of course global means for all LUNs. Otherwise not possible.

Also, when you creating Targets/Luns vis Proxmox plugin - they are not appear under OVM WEBUI (as OVM, i guess reads configuration not from ietd.conf but from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml) Is any way to fix this ?
No, this is how OpenmediaVault is designed not something Proxmox can change.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!