Proxmox Fencing only Listening on first NIC

Imilah

Aug 9, 2016
Hi, all..

I have 3 NIC up and configured. First NIC for Proxmox bridging, second NIC for DRBD, and third NIC for another bridging (dedicated to one VM). When I plug off the first NIC, fencing is triggered and the server is rebooted ( I choose reboot as fencing action ). But when I plug off the second and the third NIC, there is nothing happened. Is fencing only listening to the first NIC? Or I have bad configuration on fencing?

I don't know the best word, but I choose "listening" because I think fencing is a mechanism to always check (listen) if the resource is good or not.

Looks you run cluster communication on the first NIC, and nothing is fenced as long as cluster communication works.

Looks you run cluster communication on the first NIC, and nothing is fenced as long as cluster communication works.
Yes, right, my cluster communication use first NIC. But is it really no way to trigger fencing when the second and the third NIC disconnected? Or should I make a script to check if the network is up or down?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!