[SOLVED] Same firewall rule on all VM(LXC) ?

2cadz

Mar 22, 2016
Hello,

I test firewall and I have not found how to apply the same rule on all LXC containers.
It seems that the rules defined in the Datacenter are applied to the nodes but not on containers.
There is there a way to apply the same rule on all containers at once ?

Regards.

I test firewall and I have not found how to apply the same rule on all LXC containers.

You can use security groups for that (assign the same group to all containers).

It seems that the rules defined in the Datacenter are applied to the nodes but not on containers.

yes, that is how it works.

There is there a way to apply the same rule on all containers at once ?

only with security groups.

Hi Dietmar,

It would be really great to be able to inherit certain security groups or apply them to Pools (the only way I know to group VMs) to have something similar like inheritance. I solved it at the moment like you described, but it is a totally manual task.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!