Proxmox VE 4.2 Ceph Encryption

ImpactStrafe

Jan 8, 2016
Hi,

I have an environment in which I need data at rest encryption, and while there isn't anything built into Proxmox, there is dm-crypt built into ceph. I have anywhere between 4-12 nodes, each with 2 OSDs (1TB HDD). I've solved the encryption of Proxmox, but haven't figured out if there is anyway to encrypt the Ceph Pool/OSDs or to create and OSD inside of an LUKS.

I have two questions I guess, first do pveceph commands support the dm-crypt command anywhere? Second is it possible to create CEPH OSDs ontop of LUKS (either LVM on luks or luks on LVM)?

Thanks
ImpactStrafe

I am curious about this as well. We only need OSD encryption. Would be nice if it was integrated into proxmox. Maybe for 4.3 release?

I would also like to have the option of OSD encryption.
Is this possible already or are there any plans to implement this option?

feel free to file an enhancement request at "bugzilla.proxmox.com" for pve-manager.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!