Backup email reports

Henry

Jan 1, 2016
When my backups complete I receive an email from the wrong domain. The email is originating from my company domain and not the client's domain?

Under datacentre > options email are set to originate from root@$hostname and /etc/hostname has the client's domain...

Where do I set this?

Not sure I am making myself clear... let me clarify.

I have two clients using Proxmox. Each night their backup reports are auto emailed to me by Proxmox.

Client A's email is received from pve.clientA.com
Client B's email is received from pve.MyDomain.com whereas it should be received from pve.clientB.com

As this is being sent from the Proxmox at the client's site there is no email server to intercept.

I guess when I initially set it up I must have entered MyDomain.com instead of clientB.com at some point however I am not sure where to change it back.

Does this assist?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!