Default LVM Datastore in 4.2

anigwei

Nov 25, 2015
Barcelona (Catalunya)
about.me
Hi,

After deploying a new server with latest version (4.2) I've noticed that /var/lib/vz does'nt exists anymore.

Instead, it uses LVM as RAW storage for VMs.... (It created local-lvm datastore).

This is new in 4.2?

Is it better than qcow2 files into /var/lib/vz as used to be before as the default option?

Thanks!

/var/lib/vz is still here, check with:

> ls -l /var/lib/vz

every storage type has some interesting features, so there is no real better. depend on the use case.

and yes, this is new with 4.2 ISO installation.

/var/lib/vz is still here, check with:

> ls -l /var/lib/vz

every storage type has some interesting features, so there is no real better. depend on the use case.

and yes, this is new with 4.2 ISO installation.

Hi tom,

Yes, /var/lib/vz it is present but inside root partition. I usually set maxroot to 10Gb... so now /var/lib/vz is 10Gb shared with system :)

I'd like that Proxmox during install let the user choose whether use local-lvm or leave an entire partition to /var/lib/vz as before :)

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!