Monitoring VM`s by Zabbix.

pant-dm

Apr 16, 2015
I found a great way of monitoring virtual machines using zabbix https://github.com/tcpcloud/Zabbix-Template-Linux-Collectd_libvirt .

Obviously for Proxmox/Debian needed some improvements, such as the exclusion of the sudo command from script and create the missing directories. However, I still run into one error which cannot be corrected. When you run a test example for the detection of parameters I get the error.
Code:
root@proxmoxnode3:/etc/zabbix/scripts/collectd-libvirt# ./collect-libvirt-handler.pl /var/run/collectd-unixsock LISTVAL LIBVIRT-CPU
socket error: No error
ERROR: Command failed!
Can anyone came across this and knows the solution?

No. I`v just installed zabbix-agent and collectd. Nothing more.

I thought proxmox is based on libvirt. I was wrong :( ...

Anyone uses zabbix to monitor VM`s in proxmox?

Install zabbix-agent into each virtual machine is less informative. It will not show the load of the hypervisor in the context of virtual machines.

Install zabbix-agent into each virtual machine is less informative. It will not show the load of the hypervisor in the context of virtual machines.

Exactly why I said I deploy the agent in both my guest and hosts. I do alot more with the zabbix then just monitoring.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!