ws19 password recover

gardiaan

Mar 18, 2024
Hey, i have a VM with ws19 but i lost the password of this VM.

I remember that i installed the viosci drivers when i installed the windows, does this help me to recover the password by installing quemu-gest-agent or something similar?

Any guide or help is welcome, thanks.

Regards.

There is nothing PVE could do. I would create a backup of that VM, then download some recovery live linux IsO and boot that inside your VM. You will probably find some Live Linux distros that got tools to crack windows password like for example kali. You could then mount your NTFS system partition there and try to crack the password in case you didn't used bitlocker to encrypt it.
Or if you don't care about getting it working again you could simply mount that NTFS filesystem in Linux and backup your data.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kingneutron

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!