Wireless NIC on Proxmox

F

forfou

hi, i uses a proxmox 2, and i want install a wireless network card on my "server" (is just a good desktop :p), i have 2 pci express nics (working) and a pci wireless network card, the lspci shows a wireless nic, but the proxmox dont show a option in the networks... how i can get this card work for my virtual firewall? (yes, i use a wireless nic like a acess point, this is good.)
here is my system details...
ls pci of a wireless card...
04:07.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5416 Wireless Network Adapter [AR5008 802.11(a)bgn] (rev 01)
and my uname -a
Linux server01 2.6.32-6-pve #1 SMP Mon Dec 19 10:15:23 CET 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

sorry for my poor english ;)

Hi, i have the same problème on my proxmox server. I read that Promox don't support wireless card because of problems about bridging. I am looking for a solution, let me know if u got one. Bye

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!