Why do New ZFS Pools Created from the GUI Create a SystemD Service that Fails to Import the Pool, even though the Pool is Working? Can this be Fixed?

Sep 1, 2022
This is apparently normal behavior and it's happened since I've been using PVE back in the 7.0.x days, but why does it happen?

What does it mean that systemd fails to "import" a pool that's clearly mounted and usable in PVE?

Why does the rpool not generate this error, but any pool I create does?

Thanks! I posted some of my debug output in the thread you linked here on the forum, and I'm about to ask that the bugzilla bug be re-opened as well, as the current state of things, IMHO, makes it too confusing to even tell how a pool gets imported, and every time a pool is created and destroyed, the failing import service remains in place, so they just pile up.

That can't be working as intended.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!