VNC Not working in Proxmox VE

Madhavan

Jul 23, 2013
Hi,
I am a newbie to proxmox.

I have installed Proxmox VE in my remote server, i created VM's in that and was accessing it via the console tab in proxmox web interface.

Today when i click the console it shows the blank screen instead of the graphic user interface. Its strange to see the black screen, before that it was working properly.
I did not do any changes in the proxmox installation, suddenly it is not working.

Now i am not able to create a VM due to this issue, because if i create a VM i am not able to see the user interface to install CentOS in that.

Can anyone give a hand to solve this issue.

You need install Oracle Java browser plugin on your desktop OS.

if you run Windows, just go to java.com,
if you run Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, e.g. http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Java_Console_(Ubuntu))

Do you try to install a VM (KVM based) or a container (CT, OpenVZ based)?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!