VM's dosen't Shutdown or Reboot

irsathahamed

Feb 13, 2024
Dear All,

I have two imported vm's and both unable to shutdown and reboot. i have forcefully stop the vm in order to reboot.

1710827270490.png

below are the syslog details:-

1710827397453.png

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

The QEMU Guest Agen is already enable.
If it is enabled (in the VM settings) but not installed inside the VM, then shutdown won't work. If you don't want or cannot install QEMU Guest Agent inside the VM, then change the setting to Disabled and Proxmox with use ACPI signals to shutdown the VM.
Thank you for the quick reply, can you please guide me how can I install Qemu-guest-agent?

Should I install in the vm or in the Node?.
QEMU Guest Agent needs to be installed inside the VM and the installation process depends on the operating system inside the VM (which I don't know). Some operating systems don't have a QEMU Guest Agent, in which case you should not enable the setting in the VM configuration.

Reactions: Kingneutron
I am using Ubuntu 20.04 on the VM and it is installed and active also.

1710839530702.png

but how we can make sure if Node can successfully ping with VM?

rm filename
run it on the shell
i have it sometimes too. can not figure out what the pattern is.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!