VM won't boot when I passthrough my HBA

Jonza

Jul 16, 2023
Hi All,

Trying to pass my HBA through to my VM (unRAID) I've passed through the boot USB, NVME drive, other devices, as soon as I add my HBA the VM just never boots, I've checked the IOMMU groups and its on its own.. so I have no idea why it won't boot.

only thing I did notice was on the terminal, Ive got some errors but no idea if there releated.

"Wrong Diagnostic page asked for 1 got 8"
"Failed to get Diagnoistics page 0x1"
"Failed to bind enclosure -19"

Anyone have any ideas?

1689552327567.png

I've not fully figured this out yet but it seems that after the HBA initializes, it trys to boot from one of the HDD's... but I can then manually boot into the USB drive for unraid...

I have now realised that one of my drives is on the MB sata controller along with Proxmox boot drive.

(I assume its not possible) but can I passthrough the sata controller with that drive on without messing with the SSD proxmox is installed on?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!