Vm status running and Config locked (backup)

uzair

Apr 30, 2024
Hello,

I am facing config locked (backup) issue with one of my VMs and I went pass some threads where it was asked to enter the " qm unlock vmid" command in the cli and it would resolve the issue and it worked for many as I could see in the discussions on the threads but it didn't in my case. I would be grateful if any expert could guide me through this issue to resolve it.

1714499360222.png

Above is the output that I receive when I enter the "qm unlock vmid" command. The output I think is in russian and unfortunately I am not aware of russian language so not able to understand what error I am facing.

Just to update that it automatically went out of the config locked (backup) state this morning and I am not sure what was the issue at the first place.

Hi,
the command has to be executed on the Proxmox VE host, not inside the guest. Was the backup maybe still running? You should not unlock the guest unless you are sure that the task holding the lock (the backup in your case) is not running anymore. It's not safe to unlock otherwise and you'll likely have issues if you modify something else while the backup is still running.

Hi,

Thank you for responding Fiona. The backup task is not running anymore and I will keep in my mind about your suggestions the next time I face this (God Forbids).Thank you again.

Regards,

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!