Using domain and local ip to access proxmox server?

heldmar

Nov 3, 2021
Hello,

I have a Proxmox server where I virtualize things in my homelab. So far, I have always been accessing it through internal IP and no SSL, as I have always used it at home from my internal network, but recently I had to travel for few days and had to do some things in my homelab while I was on the road, and it was hard to do it as it has no domain attached to it.

Is it possible to make it to use a domain, a SSL and still also be able to access it through internal IP when I am at home as well (so I don't have to basically go outside and return to my network)?

yes, I know that's an option and actually thought of it, however, that would imply running another VM or LXC in my node, which I was trying to avoid as I don't have much RAM to spare, hence, I wanted to be able to make direct connection through the host directly. Thanks anyway.

Thank you for your reply. I know what my current configuration has, and it doesn't include VPN.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!