user beginner on proxmox

Could you precise your question? I'm still not understanding what you are trying to achieve.

hello good afternoon,

First thanks for the feedback. I'm learning Proxmox and I've done the installation on my purchased server so that I learn I need to know if there's a way to restart the system in its initial state so that I don't have to whenever something goes wrong (configuration during handling) it goes wrong having to reinstall. Type. I select the drivers and it's ok, but when creating a zfs something went wrong that is generating an error log and I can't correct it by removing it or I'm not able to correct it to solve the wrong creation of the ZFS. That's why my question about restarting the system in order to try not to make the same mistake. If you have a setup and/or a step-by-step guide it would be very helpful.

Thanks.

No, there is neither snapshotting of the root filesystem nor backup/restore of the hosts config files, nor a backup/restore of the whole host. If you screw something up, you would need to start from scratch and install PVE again. Keep in mind that Proxmox VE is a full Linux OS and not an appliance. It's like setting up a normal Debian/Ubuntu server with all the capabilities but also all the responsibilities this offers.

What might help is to backup the whole system disk (for example by booting into clonezilla) from time to time as well as regularly backups of all the config files (I would backup the whole "/etc" folder).

I understand. That's a great idea of protection against evil deeds. I agree with the argument for being a complete server. I'll do it. Thanks for the feedback and even more for the help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!