Use NFS Share (from Synology NAS) to Jellyfin LXC

Piero87

Mar 9, 2024
Hello,
I have my media on my Synology NAS and I want to share it to my Jellyfin LXC (installed with tteck scripts) with Proxmox, I am not interested in hardware accelleration I want use my jellyfin only for library to see media I will use the direct path mode.
I can't understand how to share the NFS folder from Synology NAS to Jellyfin, I have read a lot of documentation but I can't find one that works for me, what I have done is to enable NFS on synology (that is working) and I have add this storage nfs on Data center in my proxmox ( I have attached a photo). I have also selected the type of disk to Container to render it visibile to Jellyfin container but it's not working.

Anyone can help me?

I have notice that on my Synology NFS folder now proxmox create dump, private and images folder that I don't want, I want only share content

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-09 alle 10.25.10.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-09 alle 10.25.10.png
    270.5 KB · Views: 7
I have another problem with NFS Share the real time monitoring of a folder in Jellyfin doesn't work, have you got an idea how to solve it? Reading Jellyfin documentation says this: https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/administration/troubleshooting#real-time-monitoring

For Linux systems, this is performed by inotify. NFS and rclone do not support inotify, but support can be provided by using a union file system such as mergerfs with your networked file systems.

how can i use mergerfs? or there is a different way to share the disk instead of NFS?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!