Uploading ISOs to Proxmox 1.8

L

lonegroover

Hi,

Encountered something of a problem this morning. I want to add a Centos netinstall ISO to the list of available ISOs to create new guest machines, so I did:

Code:
pves2:/var/lib/vz/template/iso# wget http://mirror.krystal.co.uk/centos/5.8/isos/i386/CentOS-5.8-i386-netinstall.iso
--2012-04-10 10:34:06--  http://mirror.krystal.co.uk/centos/5.8/isos/i386/CentOS-5.8-i386-netinstall.iso
Resolving mirror.krystal.co.uk... 77.72.0.45
Connecting to mirror.krystal.co.uk|77.72.0.45|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 13883392 (13M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: `CentOS-5.8-i386-netinstall.iso'

100%[======================================>] 13,883,392  9.51M/s   in 1.4s    

2012-04-10 10:34:08 (9.51 MB/s) - `CentOS-5.8-i386-netinstall.iso' saved [13883392/13883392]

pves2:/var/lib/vz/template/iso#

So far so good.

The first problem was that the ISO didn't show up in the list of installation media - I just have cdrom device and the two Ubuntu ISOs that were already in there.

The second problem is that a few minutes after downloading it to /var/lib/vz/template/iso, the ISO simply disappeared.

I don't want to use the upload function from the interface, because although this particular ISO is small, in the general case I could be transferring gigabytes of ISOs over the Internet after downloading them. I'd rather just download them to the target location right away.

Any ideas?

OK. mystery solved. I downloaded the ISO to the other half of the cluster, and not only did it appear in the list, the ISO turned up on the original half again.

It's clear that the other half of the cluster is the daddy, and the box I originally applied the ISO to is synced to it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!