Upgrade whole Server with Proxmox

rethus

Feb 13, 2010
Hi,
i have Debian lenny with Proxmox 1.8.

1. My Hostsystem should be upgraded to Debian Squeeze
  2. Proxmox should be upgrade to 2.x (actually stable version)
  3. Guest should be upgrade to squeeze
  4. All this should happend on a livesystem.

Now my Questions, whats the best way to do this painless.

Thanks for the Link. I still have 1.8. So i have first upgrade my proxmox to 1.9 ?

Whats about the other Stuf, like debian-Upgrade. Should i first dist-upgrade debian, or first proxmox. How can i make a backup of my proxmox-container to keep it save?

I hope to find here some hints or a little worktrough, which answer questions like:
- Should i clean first the VZ's to make them smaller (maybe delete obsolete logfiles)..
- which file have i to backup, if something went wrong with proxmox odr distribution-upgrade, to reinstall the vz in a brand new installation
- is it possible to use a vz which was running on P1.8 into P2.0 ?

Hope you can get me some more hints, or a link to a forum-thread, which discuss this.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!