unable to save ovmf resolution settings

Feb 24, 2022
Hello,

When I try to change the resolution of the noVNC console on a windows11 VM using OVMF (UEFI) under device manager -> ovmf Platform configuration -> change preferred resolution. I can not save the changes. I can change the resolution in the selection field, but when I try to change with f10 I get following error:
"Submit Fail for Form: OVMF Settings"
1680679522296.png
This has previously already worked as we already needed to of this for a lot of VMs in the past. However in the last few months with haven't needed it and now it is not working anymore. Therefore I don't know which version update this caused.
Here are my environment versions form the enterprise repo (all up to date)
Proxmox VE 7.4.3
kernel 5.15.102-1-pve
ovmf 2020.11-2

1680679759920.png

I have a different server with non sub repos enabled on which it works fine with the newest available updates installed.

can anyone help me with this?
Thanks

I am trying to downgrade the pve-edk2-firmware as I am having an issue with it not saving the resolution. I have tried the

apt-get install pve-edk2-firmware=3.20220526-1

and all other previous versions but all I get is

E: Version '3.20230228-2' for 'pve-edk2-firmware' was not found

For newbies like me in the back

in Virtual Environment 7.4-3 default iso, you with get the bug version of pve-edk2-firmware.
you can use this shell in you node to upgrade pve-edk2-firmware, My problem is solved this way.

1. apt install pve-edk2-firmware
2. reboot your ct
3. do what you want(update bios settings)

-------------
你好世界

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!