[SOLVED] Unable to install on Dell Precision 3680

martgb

Jul 21, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting an "installation aborted" message when I try to install proxmox on a brand new DELL Precision 3680 tower computer.

TPM2 and secure boot are disabled.

I tried running the installation in debug mode, which gave more information on the error but I couldn't make sense of it. See screenshot attached.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

Attachments

• IMG_4730.JPEG
    IMG_4730.JPEG
    642 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4728.JPEG
    IMG_4728.JPEG
    325.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4727.JPEG
    IMG_4727.JPEG
    599 KB · Views: 10
The errors might simply point to a corrupted ISO - try a different USB-drive - or some other means to add the ISO to the machine.

Reactions: martgb
The errors might simply point to a corrupted ISO - try a different USB-drive - or some other means to add the ISO to the machine.
You were correct! Thank you for the assistance!
I've flashed another usb drive and it all worked fine.

Can you please share what led you to the conclusion of the corrupted ISO?
Just so the next person reading this thread can understand the thought process and help themselves.

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
Can you please share what led you to the conclusion of the corrupted ISO?
Just so the next person reading this thread can understand the thought process and help themselves.
* The I/O Errors in the output before the kernel panic - and errors reading from squashfs - also the I/O error when trying to run /bin/stty

Glad you managed to get it running! - Thanks for coming back and confirming my hunch!

Reactions: martgb

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!