Unable to instal OSSIM 5.8.14

hanuiv1

Apr 4, 2023
I try to install OSSIM 5.8.14 on my ProxMox server. I download iso from AT&T, make a VM for it, start it and do everything usual. Bu it never passes one step Snímek obrazovky 2023-04-04 v 8.49.54.jpg
I am desperate, because I do not have any Idea where to get some other information, or what is going on. Can someone more OSSIM/Proxmox experienced person help?

I think you are just running out of space. Try creating a vm with a bigger disk.

PS: if you haven't already, set the cpu of the host to `host` instead of `kvm64` for better performance. Some feature (forgot which one) doesn't seem to work on the `kvm64` cpu

Here are my OSSIM VM definition + the Linux Bridge config gathering spanned traffic towards the OSSIM host on eth1; where X = edit needed on your end / mind the E1000 ethernet adapters (not 100% sure it's needed but working here like that) / CPU limit is optional obviously:

Code:
root@pve:~# cat /etc/pve/qemu-server/XXX.conf
bios: seabios
boot: order=ide2;scsi0
cores: 4
cpulimit: 2
ide2: none,media=cdrom
memory: 8192
name: AV-OSSIM
net0: e1000=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,bridge=vmbrXXX,tag=XXX
net1: e1000=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,bridge=vmbrX
numa: 0
onboot: 1
ostype: l26
scsi0: local-lvm2:vm-XXX-disk-0,discard=on,iothread=1,size=50G,ssd=1
scsihw: virtio-scsi-single
sockets: 1

Code:
auto vmbrX
iface vmbrX inet manual
        bridge-ports **YOUR_SPAN_INTERFACE**
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
        bridge-vlan-aware yes
        bridge-vids 2-4094
        up /usr/sbin/brctl setageing vmbrX 0
        up /usr/sbin/brctl setfd vmbrX 0
#BRI_SPAN

Last edited:
Reactions: noel.
Can you please give some more details on how you did this?

The only way i've managed to do this so far is installing an older version of the ISO.

Thank you!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!