[SOLVED] Unable to connect to web UI, SSH "Took too long to respond", "Connection timed out"

Aerialflame7125

May 9, 2023
Hello! last night my server stopped working, and I am able to ping it. I attempt to connect to ssh:
Code:
C:\Users\colin\Downloads>ssh root@192.168.1.26
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.26 port 22: Connection timed out
and get that. When I attempt to ping,
Code:
C:\Users\colin\Downloads>ping 192.168.1.26

Pinging 192.168.1.26 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.26: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.26: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.26: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.26: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.26:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 4ms, Average = 3ms
It somehow works, I was guessing it was something to do with the ethernet, but as the ping finished I thought otherwise. I even checked logs on the monitor and nothing appeared. No I/O errors, no hard drive degradation, Nada. If there is any way to fix this, I am willing to test it. Thank you!

Hey,

this is a wild guess, but is there a chance your DHCP server handed out 192.168.1.26 to another device, since PVE has its IP configured statically your DHCP server may not know that it is already in use? If you have access to the server directly could you check if the SSH service is running with
Code:
systemctl status sshd

Hey,

this is a wild guess, but is there a chance your DHCP server handed out 192.168.1.26 to another device, since PVE has its IP configured statically your DHCP server may not know that it is already in use? If you have access to the server directly could you check if the SSH service is running with
Code:
systemctl status sshd
Well it is also to the point that containers and virtual machines are not starting. If it were a network problem, would that restrain containers and vms from starting? P.S: I'm not home atm, will be soon

soooooo it was a network issue
Hey,

Code:
systemctl status sshd
Some ethernet cables being plugged into the wrong thing

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!