truenas in proxmox

stevo

Apr 26, 2021
I have recently installed truenas in proxmox and I cant seem to find out how to share my file from my trues pool to other vms or container, the files I am trying to share are media to a plex container in proxmox

For VMs and privileges LXCs you could directly mount the SMB/NFS Shares inside the VM/LXC (you need to enable the NFS/CIFS Feature for the privielged LXC first).
Unprivileged LXCs can't mount NFS/SMB shares. Here you would need to mount the NFS/SMB share on the PVE host and then bind-mount that mountpoint into the unprivileged LXC. Not great as mounting the SMB/NFS share on the PVE host will fail as the TrueNAS VM on the same PVE node isn't running yet when the PVE host tries to mount the shares.

Reactions: nautilus7

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!