Single Sign On from a custom PHP page

sujithm

Oct 15, 2015
Hello

We are working on a centralized server management process, which is being built as a PHP application. What we are planning to implement here is a Single Sign On process for our server control panels, including connecting to our Proxmox without entering username and password at the Proxmox panel.

Is there any way, we can authenticate user within our PHP application and open up the Proxmox panel with that user logged in? We don't want to provide the root password for our technical support members, instead, they can login to our customized web page and choose the node and then click on sign in button. This should open the proxmox panel (https://servername:8006) in a new window.

Any inputs on this will be really appreciable.

Thanks & Regards
Sujith

Thanks LnxBil for your response. Let me look for how to use OpenID. I am not familiar with the concepts, but will have a search for it. Will update here if I could successfully implement this.

Hello

We are working on a centralized server management process, which is being built as a PHP application. What we are planning to implement here is a Single Sign On process for our server control panels, including connecting to our Proxmox without entering username and password at the Proxmox panel.

Is there any way, we can authenticate user within our PHP application and open up the Proxmox panel with that user logged in? We don't want to provide the root password for our technical support members, instead, they can login to our customized web page and choose the node and then click on sign in button. This should open the proxmox panel (https://servername:8006) in a new window.

Any inputs on this will be really appreciable.

Thanks & Regards
Sujith
Hi,

Did you find a solution for this ?

Thx
Michel

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!