Setting up shorewall

nic0

Mar 12, 2012
Hi
I'll be the first one to admit that I am a total newbie so bare with me. I have a server running proxmox and I plan to host our library management system and student information system on it.

My problem is that since I do not really know how to configure the networking I am currently stuck. How do I set my networking that my KVMs are visible in our network?

My /etc/network/interfaces is
Code:
auto loiface lo inet loopback

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address 192.168.109.2
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 192.168.109.254
        bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

I would like to have the library system to be visible on address 192.168.109.3.

I started to configure shorewall with the guide from http://www.montanalinux.org/proxmox-ve-with-shorewall-part2.html but I cannot seem to make it work:
Code:
[B]Checking configuration ..[/B]

[SIZE=-1]Checking...Processing /etc/shorewall/params ...Processing /etc/shorewall/shorewall.conf...Loading Modules...Checking /etc/shorewall/zones...Checking /etc/shorewall/interfaces...Determining Hosts in Zones...Locating Action Files...Checking /usr/share/shorewall/action.Drop for chain Drop...Checking /usr/share/shorewall/action.Broadcast for chain Broadcast...Checking /usr/share/shorewall/action.Invalid for chain Invalid...Checking /usr/share/shorewall/action.NotSyn for chain NotSyn...Checking /usr/share/shorewall/action.Reject for chain Reject...Checking /etc/shorewall/policy...Checking /etc/shorewall/notrack...Running /etc/shorewall/initdone...Checking Kernel Route Filtering...Checking Martian Logging...Checking MAC Filtration -- Phase 1...Checking /etc/shorewall/rules...Checking /usr/share/shorewall/action.Invalid for chain %Invalid... [/SIZE][COLOR=#333333]   ERROR: Rules with a DESTINATION Bridge Port zone must have a SOURCE zone on the same bridge : /usr/share/shorewall/macro.DNS (line 11)[/COLOR]

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA,
nic0

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!