[SOLVED] Samba share suddently stopped working

Wustri

Jan 29, 2024
I have a samba share from a truenas server in a vm inside proxmox to store all my backups, ISOs, etc. But a couple of days ago the status changed to unknown. I have tried to set it up again through the gui with no luck. I have seen multiple people reporting similar issues with no luck. If anyone has any idea of what can have happened? I think is probably update related but i dont recall doing any updates before having the problem. Im running proxmox VE 8.2.2 and if any logs are required ill try to respond asap.

Good on ya. I would encourage you to file a bug report on the proxmox bugzilla tracker.

What you can do now is put an ' apt-mark hold ' on pve-kernel* proxmox-kernel* and remove the 6.8 kernel packages - so it boots by default into the working kernel and stays there, until you manually upgrade it or release the hold.

Also start doing full bare-metal backups before you make any changes to the system - this includes package upgrades. And test your restore process into a VM every so often

https://github.com/kneutron/ansitest/tree/master/proxmox

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!