Reverting cluster creation or simply changing it's interface.

FormerVMW

Mar 14, 2024
I read this page: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Cluster_Manager, but I would like a sanity check.

When I first deployed the node I clicked the "create cluster" button not realizing I was doing something pretty important.

This single host has never had another host joined with it... yet.

Since that first time I hit "create cluster" I've done more learning and realize I need to use a separate network. I'd like to correct this mistake and change the cluster setup from using the primary NIC for communication and have it setup to use NIC3. With ProxMox providing the join information with the IP from NIC3.

Is this as easy as editing corosync.conf and changing the IP to the IP I've configured on vmbr3 (backed by NIC3)?

nodelist {
node {
name: server1
nodeid: 1
quorum_votes: 1
ring0_addr: 10.10.11.254
}
}

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerVMW
Thank you. I plan on adding a second node tomorrow and wanted to the get the initial mistake corrected before I did that. Very impressed with ProxMox so far.

that is why you should restart the service if you only change the IP address of an existing link :)

Also, please consider using [CODE][/CODE] blocks around any config file contents and such. It makes reading them a lot easier.

Reactions: FormerVMW

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!