Require tfa (TOTP) on Realm, existing users can't log in to set it up

PWBorders

Mar 25, 2024
I may be confused but the require tfa option for a Realm seems to be useless. If I turn it on before all preexisting users have set up tfa they can't login and don't get prompted to setup tfa. I thought maybe it would only prompt users to setup their tfa that were created after it was set but that doesn't work either.

So once every user has enabled tfa I can require it on the Realm but I will have to disable that requirement if I create a new user until after they have set up their TFA.
Seems like an option to require a new user to setup their tfa on first connect would be really useful, also be nice if a new user could be required to change their password on first connect.

Otherwise I am really happy with Proxmox VE coming from ESXi / VMWare.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!