Recover KVM hdd File

Dennis

Jan 22, 2010
Hey Guys,

i deleted without Backup my virtual harddisk File from an KVM-Container.
With vzdump i cannot do a Backup, because the hdd file does not exists.

The VM is still running.

Is it possible to backup the Harddisk in running state?

hope you have some information for me in this case...

Thanks alot!

If you deleted it from proxmox web interface (does it really do it while vm is running? Sigh!) you should have in the same hardware page as "available storage". Just "add an hard disk" and in the bottom part of the windows you will have your old storage shown, select if IDE or VIRTIO and confirm... is back :)

If you deleted it from proxmox web interface (does it really do it while vm is running? Sigh!) you should have in the same hardware page as "available storage". Just "add an hard disk" and in the bottom part of the windows you will have your old storage shown, select if IDE or VIRTIO and confirm... is back :)
Hi,
I guess he use "rm" on the console. The file is still open - so available for the process "lsof" must show the file, but marked as deletet on the fs.

Udo

Hey all,

thanks for your suggestions.

Like Udo said, i did rm on console and restored it with lsof and grep.

Thanks for all your ideas :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!