[SOLVED] random software reboot Proxmox 8.0.3

XionXIII

Apr 6, 2023
Hello, I have a problem with my proxmox 8.0, randomly, the server restarts (it's a software restart) which is very annoying and I can not determine the cause, do you have any ideas where it can come from? I presume that I have seen nothing particular in the syslog

does it happen with proxmox 7.4 ?

you may have a ssh connection peristently open and do "dmesg -w" to see if there is any message there before reboot, you may catch this when it's issue with strorage, as it may get lost via reboot otherwise

another method to preserve kernel message is using serial console

Last edited:
does it happen with proxmox 7.4 ?

you may have a ssh connection peristently open and do "dmesg -w" to see if there is any message there before reboot, you may catch this when it's issue with strorage, as it may get lost via reboot otherwise

another method to preserve kernel message is using serial console
OK, i going to do this and wait the random reboot for view if i have an error from storage , RAM or over. I will come back to this thread if i have other problem, thank you for your help

can you please try to find out why proxmox 8 reboots randomly but not 7.4 ? others may also have this issue and it's most likeley not a proxmox but a generic linux issue @XionXIII

one step to move on here would be a detailed description of your hardware/setup

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!