Ram disk takes forever

gpsc

Feb 12, 2024
Hi,

I am a newbie and I am trying to run proxmox. I was able to install but the ram disk in the first time I try to access the system stay loading forever. I am instaling the version 8.1-2. Any help? I can find the pve drive created but no luck in pass the ram drive load.
I am using a sata seagate barracuda ES 2 and I asked to install zfs file system.

Thanks

Attachments

• Selection_050.png
    Selection_050.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 16
Hi,

I am a newbie and I am trying to run proxmox. I was able to install but the ram disk in the first time I try to access the system stay loading forever. I am instaling the version 8.1-2. Any help? I can find the pve drive created but no luck in pass the ram drive load.
I am using a sata seagate barracuda ES 2 and I asked to install zfs file system.

Thanks
Hi,

what is your currently issue? the hard drive adding in ZFS or Arch thats slow?

Thanks for replaying. My current issue is, I am able to install the system in my previous mentioned drive using zfs but when the system reboots and show me the menus for selecting the Proxmox system and I select it, it begin to run the ram disk, but it stays as loading it forever.

Thanks for replaying. My current issue is, I am able to install the system in my previous mentioned drive using zfs but when the system reboots and show me the menus for selecting the Proxmox system and I select it, it begin to run the ram disk, but it stays as loading it forever.
Hi,

So you setup ZFS on 2 drives? then reboot the server you selected proxmox, and then it don't load the menu of your Managed panel? please provide a picutere of the bootloader that is stuck. :)

I am sorry, looks like I am not explaining well. Let me rephrase my issue. I use Garuda Linux and I have a Sata drive installed on my desktop. I copied the iso file to Ventoy (updated version to handle Proxmas 8) and I was able to follow the process of installation in my SATA drive. Whenever I boot I select the PROXMAX drive (SATA disk - whole disk) to boot from it. The PROXMAX boot screen appears and when I select PROXMAX it begins running the RAM disk and stays there forever. So I only set up ZFS on the SATA Drive which I intend to use solely for PROXMAX. i am not installing PROXMAX in a server.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 11
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 11
I am sorry, looks like I am not explaining well. Let me rephrase my issue. I use Garuda Linux and I have a Sata drive installed on my desktop. I copied the iso file to Ventoy (updated version to handle Proxmas 8) and I was able to follow the process of installation in my SATA drive. Whenever I boot I select the PROXMAX drive (SATA disk - whole disk) to boot from it. The PROXMAX boot screen appears and when I select PROXMAX it begins running the RAM disk and stays there forever. So I only set up ZFS on the SATA Drive which I intend to use solely for PROXMAX. i am not installing PROXMAX in a server.
So, you wanne boot in proxmox vm Garuda Linux? or do you like to boot it stand allone? mabye try to formate disk and resetup it, this can be helpfull. :)

I am trying to boot from my SATA disk. But i am facing this issue. I've already tried with ssd disk and using ZFS and ext4. I always have the same issue. Since Ventoy had an issue and was recently update. I will give another try with rufus. I have four VMs in my garuda-linux using vmware 17.02, but I am trying to leave vmware world.

Thank you all for your help and time spent in trying to help me, but my issues were in the drive. I ran some tests on it and discovered that it is showing some physical failures. I replaced it and now everything is working fine.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!