Proxmox WOL Computer Name

Jul 10, 2023
Hello,

I wonder if you can help?

I have just installed Proxmox and got my VMs working no problem (well a few, but nothing Google couldn't help with!)

I just went to my WOL software to turn on a PC but notice that the Proxmox server is showing a computer name of the old SSD volume
This was originally a Windows 10 drive, but I deleted all the partitions (diskpart clean).
Why would it show up as this? Any idea how to change this?
I am all set up now and don't really want to pull out the drive to try and change this name.
Although, not sure how as I already deleted the volume

Many thanks,
Paul

I just went to my WOL software to turn on a PC but notice that the Proxmox server is showing a computer name of the old SSD volume
Inside of you WOL software, the old name is presented? Where does this name come from? What about your local DNS, can you nslookup your proxmox ip in order to what current name it has according to your local dns server?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!