Proxmox web UI memory leak - starts at 200MB, gradually increases to gigabytes

marcosscriven

Mar 6, 2021
I've noticed in both Safari and Firefox, and both macOS and Windows, the Proxmox web ui has some kind of memory leak.

It starts of around 200MB, but will grow over a few days to >1GB.

I like to just leave that tab pinned - is there some known fix for this? Are there any logs I can provide as to what's actually using all this?

on which page do you leave it running ?

just to clarify you mean the memory usage of the web ui, not the daemons on the server (pveproxy/pvedaemon) ?

mhmm... you could try do use the browser debug tools (e.g. in chrome by pressing f12) and do a memory allocation sampling, this will record what parts uses how much memory and so on.
this recording can then be exported and i could take a look at it

Reactions: marcosscriven
Hi guys, I'm facing the same problem of constantly growing size of a firefox tab with proxmox web interface. During about 3 hours it growed up to 2.5GB in size. There is no such a problem in Google Chrome. I made a snapshot of the memory of this tab at the beginning and at the end of the period

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!