Proxmox VE nested virtualisation not working after update

Jellman86

Apr 13, 2024
Hi All.

I have recently updated to the latest version of Proxmox, after which it appears that nested virtualisation no longer works. I noticed this because after the update reboot, docker, which is hosted in a privileged CT, can no longer run any containers.

What ive tried so far:
  • Ive tried updating to the test kernel thinking the problem may be related to a kernel update.
  • Ive created a fresh CT and attempted to run a docker container with no luck.
  • Ive double checked my configs, iommu and the like but nothing has changed.

It seems like nested VT is working because the output of cat /sys/module/kvm_intel/parameters/nested is Y.

Any ideas? What should I be looking at to diagnose this further?

Code:
Virtual Environment 8.1.10
6.5.13-5-pve < not working
6.8.4-2-pve < not working

CT Config as an example:

Code:
arch: amd64
cores: 12
features: mount=cifs,nesting=1
hostname: dockerhost
memory: 20480
onboot: 1
ostype: fedora
rootfs: storage:subvol-102-disk-0,size=256G
swap: 8192
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 226:0 rwm
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 226:128 rwm
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/dri/renderD128 dev/dri/renderD128 none bind,optional,create=file 0, 0
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/dri dev/dri none bind,optional,create=dir
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 10:200 rwm
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/net dev/net none bind,create=dir
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/net/tun dev/net/tun none bind,create=file

Thanks for any help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!