Proxmox VE 1.7 Upgrade

Jplanter

Jun 19, 2012
Hello

I have been using Proxmox VE 1.7 for about a year now and the time has come for an upgrade, or so I think. I have been experiencing an unusually high I/O delay on my master node and after reading through the change logs on the newer versions it seems as though upgrading may be the answer.

However, I have not found a clear cut answer on how I should proceed with the upgrade. Should I go in order, 1.7->1.8,1.8->1.9 etc., and can I even upgrade as far as 2.1 without having to start from scratch?

Any input or even a shove in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jared Planter
I.T Director
Escondido Charter School District
jplanter@echs.org

Tom

Thank you for your quick response. So if I am understanding you correctly I could backup all of my vms (snapshots or raw images) externally and format my server with a fresh install of Proxmox 2.1 and them import my vm's. Is there a detailed write up on the backup/restore process of the vms?

Thank you again for your help.

Best Regards,

Jared

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!