[SOLVED] Proxmox Unreachable

jlogan223

Dec 2, 2023
Hello All,

so I have a bit of a funny one, which I am sure there is an obvious answer I am missing.

Last night I swapped out my 16 port Unifi switch for a Unifi 48 POE switch, everything connected to it works as it should... except for my proxmox (1) server.
The Server and the VM's all appear on the network, under their usual Fixed IP address. Yet, I can not reach them. Nothing has changed on the server, no setting changes, no bridges/ipconfig etc. , nothing. Literally unplugged the old switch, put the new on in, plugged the Lan in and... flop.

Even though it is showing in my network, I have even tried a new LAN cable, and different LAN ports, just to rule that out. I have even connected Proxmox (1) directly to the UDM Pro, bypassing the switch, (which is where I had it connected a long time ago, before I had the switches) and I have the same issue.

I have a 2nd Proxmox (2) server, which I have have also moved to the switch ( using a 10G SPF+, so its not possible to get the servers confused) and that has worked flawlessly, Is this possibly a bad setting in my Proxmox (1), or is there something I need to change in the Unifi 48 POE?

I would post my ~IP config, but as I said nothing has changed on the proxmox side, and it was working fine until last night, so I don't think its that.

I am still learning a lot about networking and proxmox, as IT is not my day to day, so apologies if I ask you to explain anything in more detail.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Turns out, against all probability, I had not 1, but 2 faulty LAN cables, the 3rd one seemed to get it back working. Pays to go over your trouble shooting steps multiple times.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!