Proxmox Server login shell issue

LostParadox

Sep 26, 2023
This might be a silly question but I've never encountered this issues inside of proxmox or linux. I am attempting to troubleshoot a network issue since I cannot login to the web gui at the moment and can only access the server directly. However when I attempt to send commands the shell does not scroll down or allow me to scroll down with pgup/pgdn.. I can no longer see the current line where I should be able to type commands again. Any ideas?

You dont need "man reset", you'd type just "reset"

You could also try "alt-f2" or "ctrl-alt-f2" (f3,f4) to see if other TTYs are healthier.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox
So I can change back and forth between the terminals and it will take me back the bottom of the terminal but each is doing the same thing.

Reset also did not help with this. What i've figured out is this is not a network issue I am having but a storage issue. Turns out my root directory is full, but I do not know if that would cause this issue specifically.

unlikely that full disk is causing your display issues, unless this worked fine and only started when disk got full?
probably more likely to have something to do with the specific monitor/cable/gpu/who knows.

there is probably an answer on the internet somewhere.

Good luck

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

unlikely that full disk is causing your display issues, unless this worked fine and only started when disk got full?
probably more likely to have something to do with the specific monitor/cable/gpu/who knows.

there is probably an answer on the internet somewhere.

Good luck

I finally managed to get SSH to work with WinSCP and cleared some space. That was causing the issue, thank you for the help.

Reactions: bbgeek17
Always something new to learn!
Yes, I find his experience totally amazing!
I gueuss his /root must be so full that the scrollback buffer couldn't add lines. Wow! He needs some housecleaning!
Amazed that he still managed SSH/SCP.

Yes, I find his experience totally amazing!
I gueuss his /root must be so full that the scrollback buffer couldn't add lines. Wow! He needs some housecleaning!
Amazed that he still managed SSH/SCP.
If it was my server I would have it setup different.. I am managing it second hand for a community I am apart of. They only set 15gb for the local root storage

If it was my server I would have it setup different.. I am managing it second hand for a community I am apart of. They only set 15gb for the local root storage
Maybe you could set up some stricter log rotations and set up proper monitoring with alerts in case the root fileystem for example exceeds 80%?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!