Proxmox on ESXI 6.7, machinces are freezing with high I\O or CPU

eviatar834

Aug 9, 2023
Hi Everyone,

We are using Proxmox 7.8 on ESXi 6.7 behind, we are getting every few minutes absolute freeze until we hard reboot for it(Sometimes we are seeing 100% of CPU on one machine), when checking the ESXI behind the scenes the CPU and Disks are working regular without any substantial spikes.

(We migrated from GCP solution to ESXi Solution and it started).

I was wondering if any of you experienced such.

Thanks!

How many core for each Proxmox? What reservation did you give each core in vmware? If still at 0, bump that up to at least 500 if not 1000 times the number of cores.

I assume this is just for POC or some sort of testing? Layering hypervisors takes a performance hit, and generally you are going to want one or the other, not both.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!