Proxmox Node, use DNS from router

cammarata.m

Jun 15, 2023
Hi, excuse the basic question.
I temporarily changed my Proxmox DNS to 1.1.1.1 in the webui. Now, how do I make it so the Proxmox node instead automatically uses the DNS provider in my router's DHCP server settings? For example, if I set my Pi-Hole address in my router's DHCP page, will (or can) Proxmox automatically use that?

Well to the best of my knowledge (in this search domain aspect not the best ;) ) - this is necessary if your local DNS (here your router) is being used for locally set domains and makes it easier to search. But I guess not important in your case

Well to the best of my knowledge (in this search domain aspect not the best ;) ) - this is necessary if your local DNS (here your router) is being used for locally set domains and makes it easier to search. But I guess not important in your case
Thanks! What I mean to ask is what should the value be for ‘search domain’? Also my router IP?

Search domain: ?
DNS 1: router ip
DNS 2: blank
DNS 3: blank

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!