Proxmox Installer no network interface found

CommandX

Jul 14, 2023
Hello, i Tried to Install Proxmox but it gave me No Network Interface Found Error i guess the installer doesn't have the drivers for my Laptop wifi how to fix it ?

please provide a bit more information - as else it's not really possible to help:
* `journalctl -b` (the logs since booting up the system)
* `dmesg`
* /etc/network/interfaces - the network configuration
* `ip link`
* `ip addr`
* `ip route`

As you mentioned in the other thread that it's a wifi - keep in mind that most wifi NICs cannot work as bridge-ports and you most likely need to setup a routed configuration:

https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-sysadmin.html#sysadmin_network_configuration

I hope this helps!

please provide a bit more information - as else it's not really possible to help:
* `journalctl -b` (the logs since booting up the system)
* `dmesg`
* /etc/network/interfaces - the network configuration
* `ip link`
* `ip addr`
* `ip route`

As you mentioned in the other thread that it's a wifi - keep in mind that most wifi NICs cannot work as bridge-ports and you most likely need to setup a routed configuration:

https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-sysadmin.html#sysadmin_network_configuration

I hope this helps!
ok i have captured all of those on a zip file

Attachments

• pve-logs.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 5
Hm - seems that pve-firmware is indeed missing the files.

the journal is empty though - which is quite odd - is the system currently in some kind of installer?!

You can install debian and Proxmox VE on top of that - just copy the firmware files your nic needs somewhere and move them to /lib/firmware after pve-firmware is installed

does the laptop not have any kind of wired nic?
you can probably also plug-in an USB nic for the installation ...

the journal is empty though - which is quite odd - is the system currently in some kind of installer?!

You can install debian and Proxmox VE on top of that - just copy the firmware files your nic needs somewhere and move them to /lib/firmware after pve-firmware is installed

Unfortunately not the laptop doesn't have prebuilt Ethernet Port, Yes I'm taking the logs on the Installed booted from USB (switched to tty3) i will try install debian bookworm and install proxmox on top of that besides i don't really know where is the drivers for my wifi card on /lib/firmware i might ask you again.

I have installed debian and the problem is not on the kernel the problematic package is `pve-firmware` that doesn't have my drivers on it... The `pve-kernel` seems complete kernel and it's not the problem

Little update it's has been fixed by pushing some ucode to /lib/firmware i did extracted firmware from iwlwifi by using `dpkg-deb -R iwlwifi.deb extracted-iwlwifi/` and then copy all the ucode to /lib/firmware and it worked

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!