Proxmox for student virt labs

theflakes

Mar 21, 2024
Hello,

I use VMware currently for a large virtual lab environment. I do a lot with VMware virt nets to create interconnected networks for each student. We also enable promiscuous mode for packet capture on each virt net.

When students log in they only see folders for each lab assigned to them with the VMs for that lab in that lab's folder. That student experience is pretty important.

I automate all lab builds, both VMs and virt nets, with Ansible. The last time I used Proxmox, virt nets were administered in the console I think.

I know that is a very high level overview but, loosely, can the above be done in Proxmox as well? I'm uncomfortable with the current state of VMware and will have budget to start a replacement project in the next few months.

Thanks for any help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!