[SOLVED] Proxmox Failed to show VNC Console

luqmantanya

Jun 13, 2022
I cant console to a VM from my host proxmox,

My environment is following the setup of 4 Node Proxmox.
1. pve0
2. pve1
3. pve2
4. pve3

I cant use the VNC Console on the on pve0 to console to the VM in pve1. from other pve1-3, i can console the VM normally.
it will return error: "Host key verification failed. TASK ERROR: Failed to run vncproxy."

i have also tried to the migration from pve1 to pve0 and it works fine, but not vice versa, it will failed

I have try to SSH from pve0 to all pve node without password and it is working fine

does anyone have similar issue?

Have you tried this with both the IP address & the actual Hostname?
i tried with IP it working but not with hostname, but nvm i found the fix:

run on pve0
/usr/bin/ssh -e none -o 'HostKeyAlias=server-b-name' root@server-b-ip-address /bin/true

That would confirm in fact that the Host key wasn't working for the Hostname (alias).

Mark the thread title with [SOLVED]

Make sure hostnames are correctly configured on all Nodes and name resolution works accordingly. Either set up full-blown DNS or maintain consistent /etc/hosts.

Adapt my "pm" to be "pve" and run this snippet (it is verbatim from my test-cluster):
Code:
~# for H in 0 1 2 3; do echo "---------- $H:";  ssh pm$H "  whoami  " ; done
---------- 0:
root
---------- 1:
root
---------- 2:
root
---------- 3:
root

Reactions: gfngfn256

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!