Proxmox configuration and MacOS boot

filippocamillo

Nov 7, 2023
Hello!
I'm new in the Proxmox world and I'm loving it! I have an issue though with MacOS. Specifically I had Macosx Sonoma installed for months with no problems at all. Super satisfied. A few days ago tough I decided to go further (in the hell) with the configuration of the GPU Passtrough. The GPU is working BUT MacOS doesn't boot anymore with 8 or 16 cores. Only 1 core works but it's unusable. I tried to rollback the GPU configuration but nothing changed...I can't use more than 1 core.
Do you have any ideas or clue to share with me?

The host is a Ryzen 7 5700U and proxmox is updated.

Please feel free to ask me for more details, I'm sure I missed to mention basic information. Sorry about that.

Thanks guys, really appreciate your time!
Phil

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!