Proxmox Clustering Question

B

bengrech

First and foremost 2 thumbs up for PROXMOX VE which is a fantastic install.

Have a question regarding Clustering and was wondering whether anyone can help.

Had a single machine with PROXMOX running different VMs and disk started playing up.

Quickly setup a second PROXMOX machine, and set first PROXMOX machine as CLUSTER MASTER and second PROXMOX machine as CLUSTER SLAVE.

Migrated VMs from MASTER to SLAVE. I have the following VMs running;

• Plain OpenVZ VMs running on local storage (but with some NFS mounts inside VM)
  • KVM VMs running off NFS storage

I would like to reinstall PROXMOX CLUSTER MASTER machine to the latest version on the new hard disks (2 x 2TB with an ARECA 1200 RAID Controller).

What are recommended steps to cease CLUSTER and run second PROXMOX machine independently?

Once I install the latest PROXMOX on the new disks, can I reinstate CLUSTER to shift VMs back?

Your recommendations would be appreciated.

What should I do to the PROXMOX cluster so that I can continue running VMs from second PROXMOX machine, whilst I reinstall PROXMOX on the first machine.

Hi All,

I am new to Proxmox, i am planing to replace our existing 4 esxi server to proxmox 3. but i am not able to create cluster between proxmox.

I am able to start the cluster in one node as master
pvecm create test
after this i am trying to add new node
pvecm addnode vz02

but i am not able to start the services in second node
root@vz01:~# pvecm nodes
Node Sts Inc Joined Name
1 M 4 2013-06-01 11:58:24 vz01
2 X 0 vz02

could any please help me on this , after successfully cluster this two server only i can able to move the production servers to proxmox 3

could any please help me on this , after successfully cluster this two server only i can able to move the production servers to proxmox 3

Please do not hijack other peoples threads - instead start a new thread.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!