Proxmox 8.1 ESXi import storage error 500

After reading this thread I changed both values and restarted my 7.0U3n host. I can now add the ESX-Storage but when I select the Esx-Storage I am getting this error:

failed to spawn fuse mount, process exited with status 65280 (500)

I have upgraded every package to lateset, but I wonder if there is some library missing?
We had to run /etc/init.d/hostd restart in the ESXi host to get this error to stop. Also, I am seeing responses from people saying they had to reboot the ESXi host instead of running the hostd command.

Reactions: julien10
I already restarted the service and rebooted the whole host but no progress - for testing purposes I also disabled and unloaded the esx firewall, also no progress.

After reboot the proxmox server I can the storage but I still can't use the storage item itself...

Code:

I already restarted the service and rebooted the whole host but no progress - for testing purposes I also disabled and unloaded the esx firewall, also no progress.

After reboot the proxmox server I can the storage but I still can't use the storage item itself...

Code:
Did you change the soap settings in the ESXi GUI, or did you edit the config.xml file?

Actually I don't have such config.xml only config-defs.xml and there are no such settings, so I changed it using the GUI

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!