Problems with PCIe LSI9300-16i (SAS3008) passed through to VM

tehNiemer

Feb 26, 2024
I hope someone can help me out here as I've been pulling my hair out over this one. I have a LSI9300-16i (flashed to FW 16.00.12.00 IT) that I purchased to free up a PCIe slot from a pair of LSI9266-8i cards that have been working passed through.

I'm able to pass the card through to the VM and all the drives show up, but as soon as I try to do anything with the drives I start getting errors, I've seen a lot of threads about similar issues and have followed the steps I found in them to make sure the drivers are blacklisted on the proxmox host, making sure the grub options are set correctly for pcie passthrough, disabling rombar, etc.

These are the errors I'm seeing:
1708961038072.png

Scouring the web has come up pretty empty for the info shown, wondering if someone can help me troubleshoot this?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!