Problems installing Windows 10 -> Stuck at boot after install

gdog

Feb 26, 2024
Hallo,
I am super new to Proxmox and the whole virtualization in general.
So... my setup is an Lenovo ThinkCenter M700. On there I have installed Proxmox and am already successfully running a container for my Docker things and that works fine.
So I have one app at home (for my home-automation that requires windows). I used to run that (still am) on my Synology Nas but i'd like to move it.
So my first task was to install Windows inside Proxmox.
I followed some tutorial that I found online and I managed to install Windows 10. (What I was wondering though is that they needed the virtio diver fort the disc to install it on to even show up... mine did show up without that...)
But after the install it will then reboot once and ever since it's stuck there. So now when I reboot again, I see a "One moment please" screen with a circular progress indicator. And then after about 10 minutes or so, I come to a blue screen. I attached it as a screenshot. Sorry it's german...
But what it states is:
Why did your PC reboot?
Your PC is not yet operational because of a problem, could work after an update though. This is how to get the update:
1. make sure your pc is connected
2. if your pc has a wifi connection, choose continue for further instructions
3. if no wifi... then plug in your network-cable
4. once connected, choose continue for the update to be installed

So from the tutorials I've seen... they fix the network connectivity afterwards using those virtio drivers?!? how can i give my new VM internet access already?
Cause after clicking on "continue" it's again in the "one moment please" state as before and then comes back to this blue screen again.
I also attached two screenshots of my settings that might help? I haven't found out how to provide logs yet... but if needed, I'll try that again :)

Thanks a lot for your help,
Cheers
Georg

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-26 um 14.54.20.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-26 um 14.54.20.png
    516.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-26 um 15.00.41.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-26 um 15.00.41.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-26 um 15.00.46.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-26 um 15.00.46.png
    135.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hallo,
I am super new to Proxmox and the whole virtualization in general.
So... my setup is an Lenovo ThinkCenter M700. On there I have installed Proxmox and am already successfully running a container for my Docker things and that works fine.
So I have one app at home (for my home-automation that requires windows). I used to run that (still am) on my Synology Nas but i'd like to move it.
So my first task was to install Windows inside Proxmox.
I followed some tutorial that I found online and I managed to install Windows 10. (What I was wondering though is that they needed the virtio diver fort the disc to install it on to even show up... mine did show up without that...)
But after the install it will then reboot once and ever since it's stuck there. So now when I reboot again, I see a "One moment please" screen with a circular progress indicator. And then after about 10 minutes or so, I come to a blue screen. I attached it as a screenshot. Sorry it's german...
But what it states is:
Why did your PC reboot?
Your PC is not yet operational because of a problem, could work after an update though. This is how to get the update:
1. make sure your pc is connected
2. if your pc has a wifi connection, choose continue for further instructions
3. if no wifi... then plug in your network-cable
4. once connected, choose continue for the update to be installed

So from the tutorials I've seen... they fix the network connectivity afterwards using those virtio drivers?!? how can i give my new VM internet access already?
Cause after clicking on "continue" it's again in the "one moment please" state as before and then comes back to this blue screen again.
I also attached two screenshots of my settings that might help? I haven't found out how to provide logs yet... but if needed, I'll try that again :)

Thanks a lot for your help,
Cheers
Georg

Ok... I played a bit and turned on virtualization in bios. That seemed to have helped. I am nor further in the install process :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!