Problem restoring the snapshot of the container

georgy.goshin

Sep 27, 2021
Hello!

I had running one container with one snapshot but was unable to restore it. After providing the restore command started process was never completed. After cancelling / stopping the restoration and restarting the service, the container is being locked and I can do nothing with it. What could cause this and how this can be resolved?

When I'm trying to start this container, the error "close (rename) atomic file '/var/log/pve/tasks/active' failed: No such file or directory (500)" being displayed.
When trying to start rollback again, getting the error "CT is locked (rollback)"

Last edited:
Hi,

First you have to unlock the container since the last backup got stopped, using the following command:

Bash:
qm unlock <CTID>

What could cause this and how this can be resolved?
For more information, can you plese post the following:
- Output of the below command:
Bash:
pveversion -v
- Syslog witht the time of the backup, you can sort the syslog with specific time using jouncalctl as the following command (you may have to edit the date and time)
Bash:
journalctl --since "2023-06-05 05:30" --until "2023-06-05 09:00" > /tmp/Syslog.log
- The backup task log, you will find the backup task log in the Proxmox VE Web UI at the bottom section [Tasks]

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!